With Easter just around the corner, everywhere we turn we see chocolate! Chocolate bunnies, chocolate eggs, chocolate everything. While we are completely ok with having treats every now and then, we think that if you’re going to treat yourself then it might as well be with good quality food.
The “chocolate” that we often see at Easter has so many additives and all sorts of other nasties that are needed to help it be molded into hollow shapes. But we can all indulge in some delicious chocolate flavour without the added extras.
We have whipped up a super simple and decadent chocolate dessert for you to share with your family and friends this Easter weekend. With only 3 ingredients needed, anyone can manage this recipe! And as per usual, we’ve included a coconutty twist to help transport ourselves back to the islands and feel like we’re in paradise yet again.
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted (these help to sweeten the dessert and also give it a rich and creamy texture)
- 2 Tablespoons of cacao powder (If you don’t have this handy, you could use good quality cocoa powder as a substitute)
- 1 young coconut- to give you 1 cup of flesh and 1/3 cup of coconut water (young coconut flesh helps to make the dessert nice and creamy!)
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend on high until the mixture is thick, creamy, and looks delicious.
- Chill for 20mins, or you can enjoy straight away.
- Serve in small bowls and top with berries. We think raspberries work really well, but use whatever you prefer. Coconut flakes are another great topping.
Enjoy your Easter weekend, and enjoy a little healthy indulgence. We’re sure this little treat will satisfy your cravings!