We are already one quarter of our way through the 12-week countdown. Time flies when you’re having fun, right? So far we have focused on our mindset and goal setting, starting our fitness regime, and nourishing our bodies from the inside. So it seems only natural to round it off by focusing on nourishing our body from the outside, in.
Taking good care of our skin is something we should focus on everyday. A glowing complexion can not only help you to look your best, but it will help you feel at the top of your game and confidently approach life.
And when better to work towards great skin than leading up to a luxury, tropical holiday? You want your skin to be smiling with you as you pose for photos with your friends on the white, sandy shores of Natadola Bay!
What you put on your body is just as important for nourishment as what we put in it, and that’s why we have turned to our favourite Naturopath and Nutritionist for some top tips. Libby Matthews will be joining us in Fiji this April sharing her knowledge and personal experiences with all of our guests.
Together with her sister Julia, Libby has created this tasty face treat that will leave your skin feeling soft and silky fresh. It only takes seconds to make, but will leave you feeling relaxed for a lot longer!
Honey and Avocado face mask
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (extra virgin olive oil is another option)
- 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetned natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
- 2 slices of cucumber
- Cut the avocado into halves, removing the stone and the skin.
- Mix the avocado in a bowl with a fork or spoon until it is soft.
- Add the olive oil, honey, yogurt and lemon and mix well.
- Apply the paste to clean skin and massage into your face and neck. Place the cucumber slices on your eyes and rest for around 10-15 minutes. Relax and enjoy!
- Remove the mask using lukewarm water to rinse your face, and then pat dry your skin with a clean towel.
Julia & Libby have also just released their book that is packed full with more great recipes like this one, check it out today.